Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Groceries - Burlington, Ontario, Canada


From left to right:
Kraft Dinner (or KD for short)- for some reason this cheesy noodle "meal" is found in every Canadian household. If you ask for it in the States, though, they look at you like you just crawled out of an igloo.
Frozen fishsticks - We don't actally have these very often but I think we should remedy that because they are yummy and easy to cook.
Mini-Wheats - It's a cereal with multiple personality disorder. Poor MW can never decide whether to show his sensible, healthy, high-fiber side, or his sweet, fun-loving, frosted side. We eat cereal every day for breakfast at our house. And look, I get a free Shrek Knight Light (my nephew stole the last one).

Just in case you were wondering: yes, our counter is always this dirty but this is by no means typical of Canadians. Most of us are very clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not everyone looks at you "like you just crawled out of an igloo." if you ask for Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, but possibly if you ask for "Kraft Dinner" they will look at you askance.

I am loving this project. I wish I had a friend somewhere else (California even) to do it with.